Discover more from The Sociology of Business
The Best of 2017
The consensus is that 2017 was a wild one. I looked back to see which topics anchored my attention in the past 12 months, and which technologies, events, and conversations were both attention-worthy and will very likely continue to shape the things to come.
Continued conversation on how to build a successful brand and business
2. The (still) uneasy relationship between fashion & sustainability. Keep the dialogue going.
3. Direct-to-consumer brands are investors’ darlings, but their customer service often sucks. Something to work on 2018.
4. Luxury continues to mean something completely different than a decade ago but many brands haven’t noticed it yet
5. Voice interfaces, data and blockchain have gone mainstream
6. Bonus feature: 2017 was the year of the political slogans in fashion